Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Android Passion

There are a few things in life that I'm particularly passionate about.  My family, my job, reefkeeping (more on that later), and finally, Android.  I suppose some would even call me an Android fan-boy... OK, guilty as charged.

I was sort of an early adopter, getting myself a G1 when the G1 was the only US available Android phone, before the Verizon Droid brand existed.  I kept my G1 for many months while researching my next move and finally landed on an HTC Incredible... errr, I mean, a Droid Incredible.

Now that takes me to where I am today.  I've had my Incredible for several months and being the geek I am, I can't leave it alone.  I'm pretty happy with Froyo and I don't hate Sense, but I have this nagging voice in the back of my head asking if I'd like other ROMs better.  After much research, I've decided to try my hand at rooting my phone and installing some custom ROMs.  I found it to be an amazingly stressful and confusing experience and I had to weigh the benefits of custom a ROM with the risk of bricking my $500 phone.  Oh, and did I mention that my contract isn't up on the Incredible for over a year?  Well, I couldn't let that stop me, so let's hack on...

No comments:

Post a Comment